Tuesday, December 13, 2005

the beads

It occurred to me lately that life is too short not to put my thoughts into the air. On a daily basis I rant, and sometimes rave, about life's daily trials and tribulations to anyone who will listen, and some who won't. I have considered myself a writer for as long as I can remember. Not many others have seen the wisdom of this notion though. So, more as a means of shaking my fist at the universe and screaming, "SIR, I EXIST," than a desire to perfect my craft, I have decided to join the 1990s and start my blog. My goal is to put into words my weekly, if not daily feelings on things I deem important. Frequently these thoughts will be, by nature, political. Often they will be social, and, as regularly as possible, they will be purely whimsical. This will be my space, for me, but I truly hope that anyone who reads these thoughts will be, at the least, engaged, if not occasionally outraged. Therefore, the segment I deem the most important will always be "the beads," as in predestination. Hopefully, I will find a way to become better simply by being, and hopefully so too will you.

1 comment:

emilyahostutler said...

Yeah! Welcome. I am pretty siked about this. As a artsy-fartsy liberal this may sound werid but I am really looking forward to hearing some "conservative" political rant. Yours is the only I'll really enjoy listening too plus I feel free to have an open mind when it comes to you. Although I thought of you a few days ago when someone on NPR said that the modern young conservative has a whole different meaning then it did, say, even five years ago. There was a gentleman on the show baffeled, saying some how now his former conservativism is considered liberalism now. You'll probably find that silly but it reminded me of you none-the less. Well, here's to a new adventure in pen!